Terms of Indifference

observations from the post graduate pre corporate perspective

March 20, 2005

THE GLORY OF THE 80s

This is literally beginning to feel like the low point of my life. I am spiritually and mentally totally defeated. I wasn't even looking forward to the great high points in my life, and this i was actually looking forward to. I wanted to be 22 and living on my own. I wanted to be urban and watch my generation deplete from the safety of being educated. Not so unpredictably, rather than observe, I have become the problems that suck us into a void. I work, I play, and I dream of all these things that I would/should/could be doing. I have the youth and the mobility to just drop everything and make anything happen. But I lack the resources. I feel like Im going to be in this same place in 10 years and Ill be looking back and saying "now i am too old, where did my life go?" The novelty of drugs and sex and the hilarity of these situations left once I realized that it wasnt so novel, it was just what I do. It has apparently become who I am. I suppose the more optimistic of my generation would tell me to just do and stop bitching but I am stuck inside this life. Money, education, opportunity has all brought me here. I am stuck in Portland with the weight of the 80s and my own idealism holding me here.

1 Comments:

At 3:59 AM, Blogger Italo-Americano said...

you know, that sounds familiar. I'm trying to be as optimistic as possible as pessimism has rotted me through and through. well, actually, I'm only trying to be as optimistic as is healthy, don't wanna over do it like I did with pessimism. Anyway, I won't tell you to just shut up and do something, no, doesn't work that way for everybody. you're feelin somethin, sure it's discontent, hoplessness, maybe even some sort of depression, but what're you gonna do. you're human. So yeah, don't just shut up and do, just keep your eyes on what it is you want. I know the boring cigarette rut you speak of. well that's my little bit of advice, I was just wandering around while at work. hope things start lookin more favorable.
-Cepagatti
furiousguido.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home