Terms of Indifference

observations from the post graduate pre corporate perspective

January 30, 2006

Ko Samet & The Other Weekend

So this weekend I spent Friday night hanging out on the pier in Angsila and Saturday night on Ko Samet drinking Red Bull & vodka out of a plastic beach pail at a dance club. Sunday I spent 6 or 7 hours moving about 40 feet between my reading spot, swimming in the Gulf, and eating. My biggest problem all weekend was keeping sand out of my bikini bottoms. Awesome.

But just for good measure Ill share with you my weekend from two weeks ago. This is for those of you who think that Im always doing something interesting. Its simply not true.
The weekend began with me doing absolutely nothing and ended much the same way. Most of it was spent in my room.


I ate super spicy kill-the-baby style green curry for lunch. Consequently I spent the rest of the afternoon in traction. This is me *suffering* and my puckered burnt lips. GRACIOUS!


Then I had nothing to do so I knit a hat and ate Sugus. Oh look, Im trying on the hat and its not really fitting...
Dont I look hot & sweaty? Its about a million degrees outside and I dont want to use the air conditioning because it doesnt make my hands stop sweating, it just makes the rest of me cold.

Then I read a book about Thai art. And fell asleep about 14 times while doing that.
Then I thought about Mr A for a little bit. Unfortunately, I didnt come up with any spectacular ideas or revelations. I came to terms with the neon yellow picture frame and decided to take another trip to the Oregon coast when I get back.
I subsequently wrote six or seven letters (but they werent all for him).
The night grew dark and since I was sitting at my desk anyway, it was time to study some Thai. That week was body parts.
FYI: The word for nipple is "boob head".

I think the fact that I was so bored I began taking pictures of everything I was doing should speak for itself. Sunday was a little easier because I finished the hat and that was exciting.

2 Comments:

At 6:00 AM, Blogger ruth said...

to be honest, i am only slightly less entertained by your 'boring' weekend than your hooker weekend.
i hope one of those letters are for me!

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Meghann said...

that drawing = fabulous.

Off I trot like a pretty pony.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home