Terms of Indifference

observations from the post graduate pre corporate perspective

December 24, 2005

Works in Progress



One glove is now completed. I used a pattern found in the current issue of Knitty (see links). Its worked in garter stitch with some grafting (barf) at the end.





The worst part about this glove is the black yarn. Its some micro-fiber stuff - I forgot the name - probably Lion Brand something. It feels unreal, which is why I continue to bother with it but I have to stop every two rows in order to unravel some monstrous snarl within the ball.




I really like the side vents on these babies. They are so cute. I need to find the perfect button because I feel like the button could really make or break this project.


Last night I cast on another project - the second installation in the Sebastian Sweater series. It's a preppy cable knit using the leftover yarn from Ruth's mittens. I havent done much cable work since I began knitting and I dont know if I like it or not. The stitches seem too loose between the purl/knit changes and Im not sure how much I can fix that with blocking since the yarn is only 50% wool. Sigh. I just hope this sweater fits better or Im totally going to give up knitting anything that isnt a hat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home