Terms of Indifference

observations from the post graduate pre corporate perspective

January 09, 2006

Yankee Doodle

Sunday morning I woke up and laid in bed for about 25 minutes singing Yankee Doodle to myself. What is that song about?
I really hope that any member of my American history fanatical family reads this post and responds to it with some enlightening information.
From what I gather its about meterosexuals in the Union. I imagine it was written by someone in the South because it seems really sarcastic. Why is this song associated with patriotic feelings? Why did I learn this song in fourth grade? Is it one of those "reclaiming the identity", tongue in cheek, we-won-the-war-so-ha! type deals? When was this song even written?
Today its Nancy Sinatra.

On the knitting front, Ive finally finished those gloves for my older sister. They will go out in the mail shortly and I will try posting a picture of them soon.
I broke down and began arranging a package to send to my little sister as well. I got an Xmas stocking from my sisters and my mother on Saturday and it was fun to open so I feel like she deserves to be rewarded now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home