Terms of Indifference

observations from the post graduate pre corporate perspective

July 29, 2005

Fruit Snacks


Hey hey! I finished this scarf after two days of work and two weeks of mulling over what kind of pattern to use. Turns out complex yarns and simple patterns are fun (and look more complex than they truly are). I began work on another scarf and have been staring (glowering) at the green circular sweater. Growl.

I would like to point out that my wonderful model is also Youth of the Month for Blazers Club and my best photography student. Go Whitney!!!

I taught my coworker how to knit and she has begun making the cutest bulky weight scarf. I was so proud of watch her yesterday in the coffee shop, going to town on the needles. It makes me remember how Kun taught me to knit- and now I can pass that on to someone else- and Talia will pass it on to someone and etc. I'm officially part of the crafty ladies worldwide knitting circle.

It's been so hot here in PDX recently. My lack of air conditioning has resulted in a lack of motivation to do much of anything. Especially cleaning. The apartment is a disaster. It's so hot: it's like the surface of the sun or a sauna or something else that is scorching hot. I mostly just lay on the floor in my underoos, staring at the sewing project I wanted to finish two weeks ago. I can't knit at home anymore because my hands get so sweaty that the yarn starts to get all funky. Obviously it will be challenging to continue this hobby in Thailand.

Which, by the way, my plans are all falling into place for. I have some minor BS with my student loans officer and my medical exam but for the most part its been smooth sailing. If only I can get off my hoohoo and organize or pack my things. I KNOW that I will be doing a majority of the packing 5 days before I have to leave.

Besides all that I have a knot in my shoulder that is making my hand and face numb. I want to watch Lilo & Stitch and just lay around with the dictionary. ...don't worry Courtney, Robbie makes me crazy, too.

2 Comments:

At 1:37 AM, Blogger ruth said...

What? You got the job in Thailand? Doesn´t that mean you owe me a massive email?

 
At 2:22 AM, Blogger stefanie said...

well, i'm glad to see that ruth didn't know about the job yet, because i was just about to rebuke her for not telling me.

if you did get it, congrats(!).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home