Terms of Indifference

observations from the post graduate pre corporate perspective

September 16, 2005

Forever & A Day








So I finally finished this stupid blanket!!!

The Christmas afghan (so named because I started it on Christmas Eve-2004) has finally been completed. Sort of. It was supposed to be twin bed length but I got bored and I'm leaving the country soon. So it has magically become a throw/lap blanket. Clever, huh?
The pattern is fairly simple. I got it off the Internet somewhere (probably on about.com) and it's called something like a "granny ripple throw" ...whatever. So it's all clusters of three double crochets. I think it looks like pixels on the computer screen. The yarn is clearly Red Heart acrylic *cheapy cheap time* If it were full length you would use two skiens of each color. I used about 1.05 of each color.


I made a ripple afghan using double crochet last year but the dcs weren't clustered so there was no dot-affect. That blanket, the only full length afghan I have ever had the patience to complete, is owned by Sean Dowdy of South Chicago. At least I hope he still has it - that thing took me forever & a day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home