Terms of Indifference

observations from the post graduate pre corporate perspective

September 16, 2005

So That's How You Use Circular Needles!


This stupid sweater doesn't fit anyone!!! I hate it!!! It was my stupid fault because the pattern called for different sized needles & yarn

BUT FOR SOME REASON I just thought that I would go ahead and make it with what I had and somehow it would fit. WRONG! Not only does it not fit me. It doesn't fit anyone. Except this club member who shall remain nameless (but makes the sweater look gorgeous but is unfortunately not of the proper gender for this particular garment).
Anyways, the pattern is found at http://glampyreknits.tripod.com/glampyrephotos/id62.html For the most part, this website is rather cute. I like the heart w/ the crossed needles. I want to embroider it onto a dish towel. But I can't becuase I don't know how.
Anyway, so I figured out what to do with circular knitting needles. I had seen a pair once before in a box full of knitting stuff my host mom in Japan gave to me. I was rather confused about what in the world that giant thing was for and had several failed attempts at using it. Much like watching someone try to start a fire by rubbing two sticks together. Very stupid. I enjoyed figuring it out and also used place markers to work the puffy sleeve things and other cool new tricks.

At this point I'm really just knitting stuff to see if I can. Same reason why I'm writing about it on the Internet.

5 Comments:

At 10:07 AM, Blogger Katie said...

WHAT IS THIS NONSENSE??!!! HELLO!!! Stop soliciting my blog, you jerks.

Oh well, at least they didn't send me a credit card.

or ask me to make them something...RUTH!

 
At 12:01 AM, Blogger ruth said...

Yeah seriously, when do I get my knitted present?

 
At 12:07 AM, Blogger ruth said...

also, i am quite sure you owe me an email.

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger or3con said...

Turn on word verification for comments to prevent spam. (This is not spam)

Check this link:
http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=1203

-Tae

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger Meghann said...

Dearest katie

You're leaving the country? Sad. You're pretty. I wish it was possible to see you a lot more than I do now...which is not at all. Anyway, hope the trip is fun wherever you're going - be safe. :)

<3 Meghann

 

Post a Comment

<< Home