Terms of Indifference

observations from the post graduate pre corporate perspective

June 30, 2006

R.I.P. BooBoo & Buffy


I picked up crocheting leis when we were in Hawaii earlier this month. They are really nice looking, feel good, and are relatively easy to make. The only problem is that the eyelash yarns are kind of hard to find. Even online. How is it possible that anything is hard to find online. I suppose its because Im picky about colors and/or that Im not sure how to substitute without potentionally destroying the overall greatness of the lei. Nothing worse than a flimsy, limp lei. No aloha for that.

On to business. Today I contributed to the Knox Fund, gave birthday $ to the sponsor child, got a hotel and registered for the Seaside volleyball tournament (team name: All Pau!), and gave some money to the ferret shelter in Washington. Why?

Well, besides my crazed love of ferrets, which most of us are well aware of, I got a very nice and consoling email today from the WA ferret lady informing me that my beloved animals kicked the can when I was over in Thailand. Buffy went first, not surprising since she had such major health complications prior to my departure. Shortly after Boo Boo tossed in the towel as well, striken with grief after losing his bestfriend/roommate/soulmate.
Oddly enough, Im thankful that, being a human being, I was able to pull myself out of the same situation with less lethal side effects.

...no disrespect for BooBoo the ferret.

1 Comments:

At 7:42 AM, Blogger iluvchewy said...

Hello there, my lovely,
I guess it's safe to say you're not coming to Japan, right? Cuz, I have like 2 days left of vacation time and I'm thinking of taking them, because if I sit around waiting to see if you're coming and end up never using them, then I'll lose them! And, I'm not giving up two days of paid vacation!

1 month left in this crazy land of Japan! I'm telling you, I'm looking forward to getting out of this backwards 3rd world country with no religious morals to speak of!

Hey, and whose money are you donating to the ferret fund? Are you even paying your loans? Cuz I just applied to consolidate cuz the rates are going up, baby! I was going to ask you if you consolidated too but then I remembered that it doesn't really apply to you cuz you are still in your "grace period."

Guess what?! I went to Disney Sea and that place kicks goofy ass! Ahhh, the beauty of being over the age of 10 and still wearing the Micky Mouse ears without shame.....yes, this is JAPAN!! The land of old ladies wearing Micky Mouse ears and having the gall to think that, "Hey, I look cute! I am HOTTTT in my Micky ears!" I also have a confession to make, I totally wanted to buy me some too. And then I realized....I'm 24 years old!! And, I'm not Japanese!

Love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home