Terms of Indifference

observations from the post graduate pre corporate perspective

October 18, 2005

It's Thai Time

Yes, so out of complete lack of want for writing large mass e mails, this will officially be the lamest post ever. Although I'm sure any and everyone who bothers to read this is probably dying for this type of information right now. My goddamn e mail isnt working right now. That is particularly frustrating considering the hoops and bothers I had to jump through just to find Internet access.

At any rate, I am in Thailand. It is very hot. Like swimming through the air style hot. Not for the faint of heart. Don't worry though, the hotel is air conditioned. We have taken several Thai language courses and I am proud to report that I understand nothing. Sawadii kha, yo.

Bangkok is cool. It's polluted, much like how I remember it. I finally went to the Temple of the Emerald Buddha, which I took some lame obligatory pictures of (soon to be posted here, I forgot my camera back at the hotel tonight). The light quality was astounding.

The elephant trekking has been cancelled. WHAT THE HELL OEG?! I guess some astrologer said that there would be catostrophic flash floods in Kanchanaburi. Guess what? Not even a drop of rain. So we arent going to the River Kwai or frolicking with the elephants. Instead, we are going to Ayutthaya which is the old capital (from like 400+ years in the past). There is a whole lot of "free time" in the itinerary, indicating that they didnt have the slightest idea of what to do with us. Everyone is very cross about the circumstances of this trip.
Honestly, I think we will all enjoy it no matter where we end up because at least we wont be flossing smog out of our teeth.

There are some famous Sukothai ruins in Ayuttaya so that should prove to be fun. We played trivia the other day and I tried to trick the other team with a tie breaker question where the answer was "Bal Rog" (so pop quiz, what was the question?) and some jerk got the answer. I should have known. She probably watches anime, too. Loser.

Notice the irony since I thought up the question, right.

2 Comments:

At 12:05 AM, Blogger ruth said...

I think what we all really want to know is.. have you had yourself a hooker yet?

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger Katie said...

not yet. but there are MANY MANY lady-boys running around and Im sure one of them is looking for a good time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home