Terms of Indifference

observations from the post graduate pre corporate perspective

October 10, 2005

Thaibound

I have relocated...again.

I left Portland, Oregon last week. I would go ahead and say that about 65% of my PDX experience was gnarly. But there were things that I enjoyed and would highly recommend.
I'm in Seattle right now camping out at my parents house for a few days. It's like pergatory. On Wednesday night/Thursday morning I fly out of SeaTac for TaiPei. From there to Bangkok to Chonburi where I will reside in my little house on the coast. It's odd to me how these obvious changes don't bother me all that much. My biggest concern is surrendering my ferrets and figuring how to continue knitting in a tropical climate.

I spent this morning playing DDR with my little sister and my gentleman friend. I'm not sure how I feel about DDR. I know for sure that I lack the grace and skill to make it look like dancing. Furthermore, it's challenging for me to come to terms with the fact that I'm enjoying the same activity as the kids in college who fought with foam swords and dressed like they were going to a funeral (and who, by the way, took over my Japanese classes, propogating a very negative stereotype that is unfairly given to us Asian language speaking white kids). Then again, DDR is really fun to play early in the morning and totally reminds me of the Power Pad games that could be played on the original Nintendo.

I'm tired. I knit two more scarves just before leaving PDX. One was a granny square thing from Lion Brand yarn free pattern webpage. I was excited at first, thinking that somehow granny squares would be fast and simple. And they were...until it came time to connect them all together. SUCKS! The other scarf was for my darling and it was a rib stitch grey number made from Wool-Ease Thick & Quick. I am trying to decide if I'm even going to attempt to block it before I ship it out to its new home. On one hand, it might lay flatter so that it looks like a pattern instead of a wiener roll. On the other hand, it might just be a huge waste of time since blocking acrylic things (don't be fooled by the yarn's name, folks, it's only 20% wool) doesn't seem to do anything but leave me with wet towels and pins in the floor.

Eh, Im getting bored with writing this. I hate updating without pictures and since I dont have a digital camera at my disposal anymore Im a bit stuck out of luck. Im more tired than I was the first time I wrote it as well. Nigh nigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home