Terms of Indifference

observations from the post graduate pre corporate perspective

July 03, 2006

Stone Creek Saturday

I went golfing at Stone Creek, which is near Clackamas Community College, and I had myself a great Saturday. The weather has been so amazing its almost unbelievable and I almost dont miss Thailand every second of every day. In fact, if everyday could be like yesterday, I might have to start not hating Portland, Oregon so much.
The golf was organized as follows: two teams, four bodies each, pitted against eachother in a fight for the right to enjoy beer bought at the expense of the loser.

Team 1: Lou, Ed, Garrin and Artie
Team 2: Greg, Rob, Mr A and I

Vegas style scoring. The highest and lowest score perhole were combined to make an overall score. For example: if Rob shoots par (4) and I shoot 4 over (8) then our score for that hole is a 48. If you birdie then the other team has to flip their score. So if I birdie on #6 and the other team has a score of 36 for that hole, their new score would be 63. Haha.

Anyways, so our team wasnt catching a lot of breaks on the putting greens. It was as if our balls just refused to go into the hole until we had hit them at least 3 times. They would come close enough to give us false hope, but in the end it was just another stroke for the scorecard. After awhile it was kind of funny and any putt made was celebrated with wild abandon.
Long story short, I shot a 107 (and in my defense I was using new-to-me oversized clubs so my game didnt come around until the back 9) and we didnt get a birdie until #18. Our team didnt win technically, but Lou had drank eight too many Coors and his game was so terrible he just stopped playing half way through. If he had counted his score we would have eaten them alive, metaphorically.

Lou bought the beer.

2 Comments:

At 8:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Ti lak, I can only respond in this blog for the apparent write up on Curt in the Myspace blog. Now, what was it that you were trying to say about Curt and his bitching, Wrong. Not Solid.

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Katie said...

NOT SOLID!

Thats gold.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home