Terms of Indifference

observations from the post graduate pre corporate perspective

August 23, 2006

I left my sanity in San Fransisco

I just returned from a week in San Fransisco. The first half of the trip was spent entertaining/supervising/confusing high school exchange students from Asia. After that I had a wonderful couple days rubbing elbows with the peoples of the Shaklee Corporation. The verdict is in and...(drum roll please)... It was awesome.


I went to workshops, exhibitions, events, theme parks, etc. I even walked across the Golden Gate bridge, which is not as adventurous as it perhaps sounds. The closing event for Shaklee was out of control. I heard that it was the largest sit-down dinner ever (about 10,000 people) and there were performers from Cirque de Soliel, which I probably just spelled incorrectly. Earth, Wind, & Fire played to the unending excitment of Mr A and I successfully drank only water all night long. I wore a handmade Italian silk dress although I still refused to wear foundation and/or do anything with my hair. I was particularly proud of my shoe selection. They were onsale at JC Pennys for $12-ish.

I went shopping at H&M as well and got something that is made of black sweatshirt materials but is, in fact, a cape.

It possible (however unlikely) that I have been totally brainwashed. I havent been this excited about something since the menstrual cup! I cant get over how freaking awesome all this shit is! Shaklee came out with a new line of cleaning products called Get Clean! and there are dryer sheets. VEGETABLE BASED TOTALLY BIODEGRADABLE dryer sheets. Im so excited I can barely contain myself. Honestly.


Also, when Mr A and I returned to Portland, there was a check in our mailbox from Shaklee that was near the equivalent of a paycheck from the B&G Club. So now Im really focused on making this business work because I have been presented with an opportunity to never have to deal with dress codes and/or tardiness pay deductions ever again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home