Terms of Indifference

observations from the post graduate pre corporate perspective

November 02, 2005

Spell Check

Ryan Shubin used to hold the title for Most Creative Spelling Error when he spelling the word 'jealous': G-E-L-I-S-H on a paper in high school.*

*in his defense, he is severely dyslexic

Today, someone stole that honor from him. A small child in my P-6 class spelled the word 'broccoli': B-R-O-K-O-I-E.**

**in her defense, she is Thai

I'm honestly just amazed that I knew what the hell she meant.

3 Comments:

At 9:23 PM, Blogger ruth said...

i, too, am very impressed that you knew what she meant.

 
At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In case you aren't getting your emails - we will be in Wis/MN from 11/3 - 11/13 - please keep posting .. your life is much more interesting than ours! Mom

 
At 11:59 PM, Blogger ruth said...

I got your postcard yesterday! Email me your address and I will reciprocate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home